After a long year of hard work and dedication, you deserve to spend quality time with loved ones as the year comes to a close. We know just how much you care about your business and how you hope to see it thrive in the new year.
With that in mind, know that theft, trespassing, and vandalism does increase around this time of year. It is important to take the necessary measures you need to ensure the safety of your business for the prosperous year to come.
Additionally, protecting your place of business with business insurance can help prevent a financial burden if an accident or incident should occur. We here at Quick Quality Quotes want you to rest assured knowing that your business is accounted for by using these 6 tips to ensure the protection of your property.
6 Tips for Securing Your Business Before the End of the Year
As an owner, there are several things you can do to keep your business more secure. Here are some tips on how to better protect your business for the new year:
1. Secure Your Money – You may want to take extra steps to secure any valuable assets you have at your place of business. Criminals can get discouraged to steal when added barriers are in place. You can also take an extra measure and hire security to intimidate and frighten off would-be criminals.
2. Switch Up Your Money-Handling Practice – In the case that your business has been targeted by thieves, it is possible that they took note of your money-handling routine. This means that they know what time of the day you count the cash, put away the checks and credit card transactions, and visit the bank. You can help keep your earnings secure by changing up the routine every so often.
3. Employees Should Be Vigilant – Each individual on your team is as important as the merchandise and money. You can protect your workers by having no less than two people closing each night. It is also important to remind employees to be smart with cash and to never leave it in plain sight. Additionally, one should never leave the cash register unattended. The same goes for transferring money out of the registers and to the bank drop for deposits.
4. Dealing With Employee Theft – Your place of business may be extra busy this time of the year. With added employees taking shifts, it’s not impossible for employee theft to occur. By giving your employees proper attention, you may be able to prevent these unfortunate situations from occurring.
5. Securing the Merchandise – Cameras are just as important on the sales floor as they are on the exterior of your building. In addition, all employees should have effective knowledge of business and safety procedures and policies.
It is always a good idea to hire extra staff as greeters when your place of business will be experiencing more visitors. Eye contact and acknowledgment can help prevent small cases of shoplifting.
6. Get Covered With Business Insurance – Even if your business is thriving, an accident that brings about a claim or lawsuit can weigh you down. From a case of workers’ compensation to a slip and fall incident that occurs on your property, it is advised that you have a policy. This will better protect your assets and those who work in your place of business.
Business Saving Tips From Vigilant Insurance Quote Providers
We know you are doing the most to help your business flourish at the end of the year; however, incidents and accidents can happen. The best you can do as a business owner is to equip yourself with better security and develop a backup plan.
The best measure to fall back on is insurance coverage for your business. Ring in the new year by amping up your business safety measures. With the added protection of your insurance, you can rest assured that your business is ready for future growth.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Quick Quality Quotes by filling out this contact form today for more information on building and securing your personal business with affordable business insurance.